Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Administrator who can thrive in a scaling organisation and has the ability to lead and drive operational support.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel by crafting and delivering our site vision and standards. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
This role forms part of the ROI Operations HR team and will report directly to the Head of Human Resources, ROI.
- Provide strong administrative support to the HR Manager and ROI Operations HR team.
- Assist with the managing of new starter process, Inductions etc.
- Managing employment contracts and working rights documentation.
- Produce variety of HR Reports.
- Respond to general staff & management HR queries.
- Handle all employee matters consistently in line with company values with an emphasis on sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Co-ordinate & support recruitment activities as required – placing advertisements, screening CVs, arranging and confirming interviews etc.
- Assist with attracting potential candidates on the market through social media, through new branding and marketing ideas.
- Assisting in the coordinating of a variety of training sessions across the estate, including hotel bookings and coordinating with site managers and colleagues
- Upkeep of our online LMS - training portal.
- Filing, update and maintenance of personnel files.
BS in Human resources or relevant at least 1- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Has excellent people management and leadership skills and be a strong role model for Applegreen staff and our brand.
- Be a self-starter who can work on own initiative and ensure successful delivery of all tasks on time.
- Be a solution-orientated and positive individual who can work through constraints and obstacles to an optimal solution.
- Possess well-honed influencing and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the different parts of the business.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities.
- Strong organisational, administrative and analytic skills. Ability to be flexible and prioritise effectively with shifting priorities and time-frames.
- Be detailed and accurate.
- Be able to work and compile data and reports.
- Experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS.
- Full computer literacy.
- Strong phone, email and in person communication skills.
Application & Screening Process (Subject to Change):
- Application process: internal candidates should submit their up to date cv and a supporting cover letter via email to Jean Marten firstname.lastname@example.org , Human Resources Manager, Retails Operations ROI, directly. The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 31st July 2019, by 5pm, no late submissions will be accepted. Candidates who meet all of the requirements in this specification will have the opportunity to progress to first round interview.
- First round interview: interview with Jean Marten, Human Resources Manager, Retail Operations ROI.
- Second round interview: if a second-round interview is required Jean Marten will be joined by Hugh O Brien, Head of Human Resources, Retail Operations ROI.
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a convenience food and beverage retailer and operator of petrol forecourts and motorway service areas with a major presence in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA. The Group is focused on acquiring and developing new Service Area and Petrol Filling Station sites in each of the three markets in which it operates. As at 31 December 2018, the business operated 472 forecourt sites and employed c10,700 people.
The Group offers a distinctive convenience retail offering with three key elements:
- A “low fuel prices, always” price promise to drive footfall to the stores;
- A “Better Value Always” tailored retail offer; and
- A strong food and beverage focus aiming to offer premium products and service to the customer.
In addition to its own proprietary Bakewell brand, the Group enjoys established partnerships with a portfolio of high-quality international brands. Following the Welcome Break acquisition, new brand partners include Starbucks, Waitrose, WH Smith, KFC, Pizza Express, Harry Ramsden and the Ramada and Days Inn hotel brands. These are in addition to existing brands including Burger King, Subway, Costa Coffee, Greggs, Lavazza, Chopstix, Freshii and 7-Eleven, some of which also have an existing presence on the Welcome Break network.
Applegreen is the number one Motorway Service Area operator in the Republic of Ireland and the number two Motorway Service Area operator in the United Kingdom. Applegreen prides itself on its Charitable Fund. Which was set up in 2009. Every time a customer makes a shop and & fuel or a shop-only purchase, the company donates 1c to the Applegreen Charitable Fund. For 2018/19 by proudly supporting Focus Ireland, Irish Youth Foundation, DEBRA Ireland and Friends of the Cancer Centre.
Further information is available at https://www.applegreenstores.com/