Post Title: Basic Neuro-physiologist
Post Status: Permanent
Location: Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9
Reports to: Chief II Neuro-physiologist
Salary: Appointment will be made on Neuro-physiologist salary scale (€35,417- €46,267, LSI’s €49,848, €53,372) at a point in line with Government pay policy.
Hours of work: Full-Time
Closing Date: 12 Noon on 28.07.2019
Basic grade Neuro-physiologists in a busy Neurophysiology Department with in-patient and outpatient
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform EEGs and Nerve Conduction Studies
• To carry out his/her duties under the supervision and control of the Chief Neuro-physiologist or other such person designated for that purpose by the Chief Executive or designated officer.
• Participation in patient care i.e. preparation and reassurance of patient.
• To record, measure and monitor selected neurophysiological activities of patients as required by a Clinician, including EEGs and Nerve Conduction Studies.
• Calibration and maintenance of all equipment which includes sterilisation where necessary.
• To note medication and know its possible effects on the test to be carried out.
• In certain circumstances, to modify procedures and to know when and where - either to carry out photic stimulation and hyperventilation as instructed by Clinician and/or in accordance with established practice.
• Informal, in-service training of students.
• To initiate and participate in dealing with Medical Emergencies including Cardio/Pulmonary resuscitation.
• Portable testing in some cases.
• History taking and interpretation of request forms.
• To observe and describe any abnormal behaviour occurring during procedures.
• Availability outside normal working hours for emergency situations.
• To carry out the duties of the Neuro-physiologist in the hospital and at such other locations as may be required by the Chief Executive or designated officer.
• To perform such other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Chief Executive or designated officer.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
• BSc Clinical Measurement or equivalent
The Hospital www.beaumont.ie
Management Unit: www.beaumont.ie/hr
Other (Please specify):
Informal Enquiries ONLY to:
Name: Alma O’Donnell
Title: Chief II Neuro-physiologist
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01 809 2735