This Fresh Food Area Manager role is for 5 stores in the Munster Area.
Be part of a winning and extraordinary team.
To manage and assume overall responsibility for the success of their stores by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimising cost.
- Ensuring all customer service initiatives are in place.
- To deal with issues quickly and courteously.
- To train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to store managers and the team related to all areas of effective operations.
- In-depth understanding of the market.
- Maintain knowledge of current fresh food sales and promotions.
- Ensure stores are in line with food hygiene requirements.
Operational & Store Procedures
- Through managing product range and quality in each store, develop and drove sales and margins across fresh food departments.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a knowledge and expectation of department margins and weekly targets.
- Oversee waste control systems to ensure it is run at its optimum.
- Manage the marketing and P.O.S material, of menus, offers and product range.
- Oversee and monitor (with store managers) all food safety compliance, controls and practices in each store.
- Hire & Train (with store managers) all fresh food staff.
- Assist each store manager in some daily hands on management duties.
- Ensure temperatures are checked in food areas to ensure compliance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure employees HACCP records are in line with store policies.
- Ensure employees monitor critical control points and ensure food is not open to contamination.
- Ensure employees comply with relevant controls around all foods including Fresh and Red Meats.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by your manager.
- Min 3-5 Years Fresh food/deli management experience.
- The ability to lead, manage and develop others into a state of self-sufficiency.
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities across fresh food departments.
- Strong knowledge and qualifications of food safety and HACCP best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and understanding customers’ needs and expectations for the ‘wow’ in store experience.
- Self-starter with a hand on approach and passion for fresh food.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a knowledge and expectation of department margins.
- Provides clear direction and authority.
- Excellent people skills and experience working with the public in a busy environment.
- Travel required